Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The beginning



As the phrase goes.. sharing is caring. So why not?

This blog is meant to endure, outlast, shine upon, paint, highlight and acknowledge my summer of 2012. I already feel that it is going to be a different one. What ever comes to mind, on a hopefully daily basis will be updated in this space. Interestingly enough, I have never done anything like this... so blogging adds to my new experiences of this summer. Starting with today.

Yesterday, was my first night in my first apartment. Yes...first. I spent it with my sister who will be living with me. Junior year in college. Two more years for me to go. This will be my sister's last, so I have to live it out to the extreme. I already know I will miss her when she bursts through the college bubble. But it is still the summer, so I don't want to think about that just yet. Big plans for the next few months.

Lets see. My plans. Well, I'll be working at a hotel as a check in- check out person. Shifts will last 8 hours, so what does that mean? Sometimes I'll have ALOT of downtime; but when I'm not sitting on my computer or reading a juicy book while I wait for people, I'll be tending to the needs of those who get locked out of their rooms, or might need an extra towel etc.? Still not entirely sure on the job description, but I can't wait to get started! What else?
Home

My adviser requests I help her with research with soil science and wetland plants! I'm not quite sure if these are my forte as an environmental science major, but this type of research will clarify that for me. Also, I wish to help some of my iCons professors to expand the knowledge out to others about the iCons program. iCons stands for integrated concentrations in science, and is basically a collaborative team based class that uses group members specific skills to the max in hopes to solve real world problems! Such a good class! Supposedly, they wish to make a movie of everyone who is sticking around for the summer, so I get first dibs on parts probably since I was so enthusiastic about helping them with projects. I'll see how everything goes. June is when everything really starts up... so until then life will center around home life.

No comments:

Post a Comment